Google+





Friday, January 13, 2012

Spielberg: Perf Cap Will Start For TINTIN 2 Later This Year! He Will Produce -Not Direct- JURASSIC PARK 4 AND ROBOPOCALYPSE In 3D?

Holy Spielberg-update Batman! Steven Spielberg just gave us a wicked look ahead for his upcoming projects while promoting WAR HORSE in France.

Here's what he had to say...

Spielberg on TINTIN 2:
“I’m not going to say which stories have been chosen for Peter Jackson’s sequel because Peter and I agreed that we weren’t going to let that information out yet. The script is now being written. It’s more than one book, but it’s not three books, so that means it’s two books. It’s two and a half books that we’re combining with The Secret of the Unicorn. And Peter will start working on the film this year. When he’s done shooting The Hobbit, he’ll begin his performance capture work with the actors later in 2012, which I’m very excited about. And of course, I’m hoping I’ll be able to direct the third one. I’d love to do the third one because I had so much fun on the first one.”

Spielberg on ROBOCOPALYPSE:
“I just finished shooting a movie about Abraham Lincoln staring Daniel Day-Lewis which I am so deeply proud of. But because I am right in the middle of the editing of Lincoln, I’m not really going to speak and talk very much about that until the time is right to talk about it. And I’m making a science fiction movie probably in September called Robopocalypse based on Daniel Wilson’s book. It’s a cautionary tale about war between human beings and robots. It’s a big crowd pleaser, I think, a big action popcorn movie with a message. The message is actually in the popcorn! You have to get the popcorn, dig down deep in the bottom and they’ll be a message about what Robopocalypse is really about! And I have a couple of other plans which I don’t want to go into because they’re too far out of the horizon. But there’s a lot of work ahead, a lot of television my company is producing for some of the networks and some of the cable outlets. So I’m busy!”

He also spoke recently to Time Out London about the movie's direction:
"It’s a movie about a global war between man and machine. I had a great time creating the future on “Minority Report”, and it’s a future that is coming true faster than any of us thought it would. “Robopocalypse” takes place in 15 or 20 years, so it’ll be another future we can relate to. It’s about the consequences of creating technologies which make our lives easier, and what happens when that technology becomes smarter than we are. It’s not the newest theme, it’s been done throughout science fiction, but it’s a theme that becomes more relevant every year."

Spielberg on JURASSIC PARK 4:
“I don’t want to talk about Jurassic Park 4 yet – it’s too early – but I can tell you that I’m not directing it. I’m producing it though.

Of course his number one partner in crime Kathleen Kennedy has already said that Jurassic Park belongs in 3D.

Yes, it's disappointing that Spielberg won't be directing JP4, but at least his DNA will be in it. The man is BUSY. It's not surprising.

I HAD to put something in this post about ROBOPOCALYPSE because it may very well turn out to be 3D knowing Spielberg and Kennedy. With the coming singularity (computers becoming sentient and smarter than we are), this movie is bang on for what we need to think about. Really hoping it will be S3D given the subject matter!

Source: Collider | Time Out London

Contact Me

Jim Dorey
Editor-in-Chief
jim (at) marketsaw (dot) com

All contents Copyright © 2006-2021, MarketSaw Media. All Rights Reserved. All copyrights and trademarks on this website belong to their respective owners.