Google+





Friday, September 30, 2011

Hugh Jackman Confirms MarketSaw Exclusive: LES MISERABLES Testing 3D!

As you know MarketSaw has some of the best sources in the world so I was very excited to pass on our exclusive story that LES MISERABLES' director Tom Hooper was seriously considering shooting the classic story in native 3D.

Now comes word from star Hugh Jackman that Hooper has already discussed using 3D and that the director will test it soon.

Says Jackman (on 3D): "It’s in discussion. Honestly, that’s probably gonna be part of what the tests are about, to see what that does. It’s always interesting – how do you actually convey thought through song? We’re used to the convention on stage. In film, we used to be used to it, and now sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t. You need to be fresh and really look at the material. I think [Hooper’s] basically gonna do it, screen it, look at it, and see if it adds something genuinely or not. I mean, the strength of Les Mis is in its characters and the emotion, so if it aids that, fantastic. If it doesn’t I’m sure we won’t. It is not like there are massive special effects in Les Mis, you know?"

Continues Jackman: "We shoot in March. I am going in the next couple of weeks to do my first tests there. I auditioned for it and had about a 3-hour audition for it about 3 months ago. I’m really pumped about doing this. I’ve done a lot of musicals and I’ve done a lot of movies, so this feels like something that I’ve been waiting to do."

I love having an exclusive confirmed, but more importantly I love the prospect of this classic story being told in a 3D musical! To hear Jackman talk about his role you would think this singular movie is the reason why he is an entertainer. That's what any director loves to hear. What any movie fan loves to hear!

More when we get it!

Confirmation Source: Collider

Contact Me

Jim Dorey
Editor-in-Chief
jim (at) marketsaw (dot) com

All contents Copyright © 2006-2021, MarketSaw Media. All Rights Reserved. All copyrights and trademarks on this website belong to their respective owners.