Google+





Monday, July 25, 2011

Check Out The New DREDD Photos!!

We have more DREDD shots to show you, this time showing off Karl Urban's frown, Olivia Thirlby in action and the suits of the Judges.

Click to enlarge the photos...

Is it just me or is that frown on Urban look quite forced? I don't know how I feel about that yet. I have to see his character is action first and Urban is definitely a fine action actor. We all know Dredd frowns a LOT from the comic books, but I have to say at this point I have mixed feelings about how it looks on Urban.

It would certainly be intimidating to have a guy walk up to you with the full power of the law to be judge, jury and executioner! Can Urban pull it off? In the end, I think so.

The suits look much more utilitarian and realistic than Stallone's over the top plastic looking tinsel. So kudos to Michael O'Connor (THE DUCHESS) who designed these new ones.

Here's the movie's storyline:
DREDD takes us to the wild streets of Mega City One, the lone oasis of quasi-civilization on Cursed Earth. Judge Dredd (Karl Urban) is the most feared of elite Street Judges, with the power to enforce the law, sentence offenders and execute them on the spot – if necessary. The endlessly inventive mind of writer Alex Garland and the frenetic vision of director Peter Travis bring DREDD to life as a futuristic neo-noir action film that returns the celebrated character to the dark, visceral incarnation from John Wagner and Carlos Ezquerra’s revered comic strip.

DREDD sentences us all on September 21, 2012! I really want this thing to work as I really enjoy the character a great deal. I have always been an Urban fan too. I want sequels. I want GOOD sequels.

Sources: Empire | Quiet Earth | Everything Comes Back To 2000AD
Via: Collider


Contact Me

Jim Dorey
Editor-in-Chief
jim (at) marketsaw (dot) com

All contents Copyright © 2006-2021, MarketSaw Media. All Rights Reserved. All copyrights and trademarks on this website belong to their respective owners.