Google+





Wednesday, May 12, 2010

UNIVERSAL SOLDIER IV Starts Shooting This October. Yes It Will Be In 3D.

Anyone else think this is a bad idea? Deadline reports that Jean-Claude Van Damme and Dolph Lundgren are suiting up again for UNIVERSAL SOLDIER 4 IV (I will need an IV to sit through it) in stereoscopic 3D. Shooting is supposedly starting this October.

Mark Damon's Foresight is shopping the pic. John Hyams is returning as director once again (he did UNIVERSAL SOLDIER: REGENERATION).

I love the old Van Damme movies. And JCVD was a great look at the man too. But isn't it time to bury this franchise - or at least reboot it with other talent? I love BLOODSPORT as much as the next guy, but this is not a good thing in my mind.

I don't know whether this is a native 3D shoot or not, but one can imagine a shoddy attempt being made. Perhaps I am wrong, but I think not.
I can't see it getting theatrical distribution so will this be a direct to Blu-ray 3D release? Interesting.

Contact Me

Jim Dorey
Editor-in-Chief
jim (at) marketsaw (dot) com

All contents Copyright © 2006-2021, MarketSaw Media. All Rights Reserved. All copyrights and trademarks on this website belong to their respective owners.