Google+





Thursday, July 30, 2009

Roland Emmerich Thinking 3D For Asimov's FOUNDATION

Jim here. Got some interesting news from an interview that Roland Emmerich (2012, INDEPENDENCE DAY, THE DAY AFTER TOMORROW) gave The Wrap - here is the 3D content from that conversation:

What role do you think 3D will play moving forward?
Well, it will be very much decided by a couple of movies that come out this year and next year. So far, it's going really well. I actually like 3D because it has to be digital. And I think digital projection is far superior to film projection, whether it be 2D or 3D. Because everybody thinks 3D will be big, it kind of forces people to establish digital projectors in theaters.

Could something like "2012" work in 3D?

I think there are certain movies that don't need 3D and then others look better in 3D. I think "2012" would have looked fantastic, but it was just not possible in the time we had.

Is that an area you want to explore in the future?
I'm thinking maybe Isaac Asimov's sci-fi epic "Foundation" could be my first 3D film. I don't know yet.

Hey, I am a HUGE fan of Asimov. I am totally into any 3D project involving his original work. Emmerich +3D? Who knows - but I think it will work big time. :-)

Contact Me

Jim Dorey
Editor-in-Chief
jim (at) marketsaw (dot) com

All contents Copyright © 2006-2021, MarketSaw Media. All Rights Reserved. All copyrights and trademarks on this website belong to their respective owners.