Google+





Sunday, July 26, 2009

OMG. RESIDENT EVIL 4 In 3D!

Jim here. I don't know about you, but ZOMBIES FREAK ME OUT. I have never hidden this from view and if the world was ever exposed to a zombie takeover - I have a plan. :-)

So it is with mixed emotions that I am posting about RESIDENT EVIL: AFTERLIFE being planned in stereoscopic 3D. And not just any 3D, but the same camera tech that James Cameron co-developed and is using for AVATAR: Pace Fusion 3D. One one hand the visuals should be stunningly immersive - like you are really there... and on the other hand - it is like you are REALLY THERE. With zombies.

ShockTilYouDrop has the news from an interview with Paul WS Anderson (Writer, Director) about the next shot of the franchise, the most expensive of the lot: "I always envisioned Resident Evil as a trilogy of films, and we've been very lucky where it's a trilogy where the audience has built and built. I wanted to kick off a brand new trilogy. I'm really excited we're doing it [in 3-D] and we're using the same camera system [James] Cameron used for Avatar. There are a lot of exciting things about this one. I don't regard it as Resident Evil 4, I regard it as a re-tooling and rebirth of the entire franchise."

STYD also confirmed that Milla Jovovich will be returning along with some characters from previous movies and the video games. Expect RESIDENT EVIL: AFTERLIFE in 3D theaters on September 17, 2010!

Who else has their own plans drawn up in case of zombie invasion? I'm not alone here am I?

Contact Me

Jim Dorey
Editor-in-Chief
jim (at) marketsaw (dot) com

All contents Copyright © 2006-2021, MarketSaw Media. All Rights Reserved. All copyrights and trademarks on this website belong to their respective owners.