Google+





Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Blog Action Day 08

Hey guys, Jim here. Today is Blog Action Day 08 and I thought I would take part and spread the good word about an organization that I recently started to take part in: Kiva.org. It is a micro-lending site that everyday people like you and me can share in and help a lot of people.

Essentially you can review the business cases as laid out by various small business people from developing countries around the world and select who you would like to help out. Then you can send a small amount of money (like $25 through Paypal, or whatever) to the organization who then sends this money along with others to the people in need. Kiva explains it much better than I do here.

The bottomline is you get to help folks out that really need it AND you get your money back (in most cases). You can either withdraw the money or just cycle it back in by selecting another person after the original loan is repaid.

Awesome isn't it? I thought so. Why don't you join me at Kiva and help make a difference. Any questions, let me know!



Contact Me

Jim Dorey
Editor-in-Chief
jim (at) marketsaw (dot) com

All contents Copyright © 2006-2021, MarketSaw Media. All Rights Reserved. All copyrights and trademarks on this website belong to their respective owners.