Google+





Sunday, March 09, 2008

Sigourney Weaver Confirms "Avatar" Character is a Botanist and RUNS the Avatar program on Pandora!

As I exclusively posted, I suspected Sigourney's character in "Avatar", Dr. Grace Augustine was a botanist because, well she works in a biolab on the set - the biggest lab with a control room attached. I won't go into further details as there are spoilers involved, but you can go back to read them here. It's old news that she runs the Avatar program - but it is great to know she is a botanist and where she works.

Weaver has gone on to confirm all of this - here is a quote from her recently:

"The New Yorker declares, however, that she does not intend to reprise the role of Ripley for a fifth Alien movie! (The four were Alien in 1979, Aliens in 1986, Alien³ in 1992, and Alien: Resurrection in 1997.) “No, but I play an equally fascinating character in Avatar, which I’ve been working with James Cameron in New Zealand. It will take a while to come out, but I hope he won’t mind if I tell you that she is a botanist and it’s the kind of terrific woman’s role that only Jim Cameron could write.” (Cameron also directed Weaver in Aliens.)

The actress just can’t contain her excitement about playing Dr Grace Augustine (a “very tough but caring, funny person”) in the upcoming feature by the Oscar-winning director of the mammoth hit Titanic. “She runs the Avatar program on this planet. I’m not really allowed to tell you much except that I think it’s going to be one of the most amazing adventures and experiences any audience will ever have. People aren’t going to want to come out of the theatre. It’s a 3-D experience. It has a lot of fantasy and romance in it, as well as adventure.”

So my sources have been confirmed once again! I still believe that she is the one who actually discovers how to adapt the communication science that native flora and fauna of Pandora use so that humans can use it. This is what my sources and I think, so we could be off lol - but it holds much more water now.

The big thing is, my sources have been confirmed in that Weaver is a botanist. We know she works in the biggest biolab on the planet in a control room - and she runs the Avatar program. Pretty important role to be sure.

Those Avatar chambers must bring back memories for her - however alien they may be to us... :-)

[Source]

Image courtesy of WireImage

Contact Me

Jim Dorey
Editor-in-Chief
jim (at) marketsaw (dot) com

All contents Copyright © 2006-2021, MarketSaw Media. All Rights Reserved. All copyrights and trademarks on this website belong to their respective owners.