Google+





Monday, December 03, 2007

Ain't It Cool News Hates To Be Scooped?

I don't know. Sure feels that way but maybe I'm wrong. AICN has been on a tirade lately 'contacting' Jackson's and Cameron's camp to confirm or deny news that is coming from yours truly here at MarketSaw.

First it was 'Jackson's camp' denying that he is doing "The Hobbit" completely. Now it is that James Cameron himself contacted them to say the following:

You recently posted some artwork of a supposed Na'vi character. Don't know where you got it but it's spurious. I've never seen that piece of art. We had a lot of free-ranging conceptual stuff in the early days of design two and a half years ago, and it might be something that was done then but not shown to me, but it is definitely not remotely our actual character design. Aside from two legs, two arms and a tail, it doesn't have any features in common with our final designs. If I had to guess I'd say it's a piece of fan art based on the description of the Na'vi from the old treatment which was leaked twelve years ago. That description is obsolete relative to the shooting script, since things have changed a lot over the years.

Well that's a surprise! Let's just say that the speed at which Fox's legal department cease and desisted me makes me say that something funny is up. I don't know what yet - but I am GOING to find out.

I am contacting Cameron's camp now to verify what is going on. Further, I am also contacting Jackson's camp to get the official word as I too am skeptical about what is posted on other movie sites.

This is all straying a bit too far from the 3D focus that I want for this blog and the 'soap opera' effect that other sites like to focus on. I'll get to the bottom of this, I promise you!

Stay tuned. More coming up shortly!!

Oh and Josh Tyler has a very stable perspective on this whole thing over at Cinemablend - interesting read. Check it out.

Contact Me

Jim Dorey
Editor-in-Chief
jim (at) marketsaw (dot) com

All contents Copyright © 2006-2021, MarketSaw Media. All Rights Reserved. All copyrights and trademarks on this website belong to their respective owners.